After a successful first weekend, the reviews are already out about The America Plays… and critics love it!
- “[Patrick Gabridge’s] treatment of the dead is affectionate and affecting.” (Bill Marx – The Arts Fuse)
- “[Courtney O’Connor’s] staging is intelligent, with an eye for the striking image.” (Bill Marx – The Arts Fuse)
- “The removal of the ‘distraction’ of the natural beauty allowed us to sharpen our focus on the actors and the powerful messages of their characters.” (Nancy Grossman – BroadwayWorld Boston)
- “It was completely natural, completely intentional, and incredibly beautiful.” (Kitty Drexel – The New England Theatre Geek)
- “Gabridge has achieved the tricky balance of illustrating the problems and challenges in these characters while also paying homage to the legacy of Mount Auburn.” (Celina Colby – The Bay State Banner)
- “’I can’t imagine a better way to understand what place means in history than to have an experience like this’ [audience member Merle Kummer] said.” (Andrea Shea – WBUR)
We think so too, Merle… The America Plays runs for 4 more SOLD OUT performances this weekend!